A museum quality pendant lamp from circa 1925 by Elmar Berkovich for Metz & Co. The lamp has a circa 70 cm diameter, black lacquered wooden shade with a pleated fabric diffuser and wooden decoration underneath.
Elmar Berkovich (1897-1968) was a leading furniture designer and interior architect in the Netherlands in the period 1925-1965. Before the Second World War he was employed by the Metz & Co company in Amsterdam, then by Philips in Eindhoven. Comfort, their sound construction and the use of high-quality materials are some of the signature features of his works.He also designed a large number of fabrics.
In his lectures and publications, Berkovich underlined the importance of knowledge on the production process and the significance of color for the perception of the interior.
- Price on request
- 19.7 In / 50.0 cm
- 27.6 In / 70.0 cm