Rare Pair of BBPR 'Giulietta' Lounge Chairs for Arflex
, Studio BBPR
, Lounge Chairs
A rare pair of 'Giulietta' lounge chairs designed by Italian architectural firm BBPR for Arflex in 1958. These rare chairs are made of a metal frame with wooden feet and have the original vinyl upholstery. The architectural firm BBPR was started in 1932 by partners Gian Luigi Banfi, Ludovico Belgiojoso, Enrico Peressutti and Ernesto Rogers. The partnership’s activities included architecture, city planning and interior design. BBPR was part of the Italian Modernist movement (Razionalismo) of the 1930s, but their most famous work, the Torre Velasca in Milan (1956-1958) incorporated more traditional Italian architectural elements. In the area of design, apart from these beautiful chairs, they have produced very innovative office furniture for Olivetti, the silver teapot service for Calderoni and the Emma handle for Olivari.
- Price on request